Gamification or the application of game mechanics in non game contexts, is an approach to human engagement and motivation that is growing in popularity. Used in big business to engage customers, we’re beginning to see educators understand the power this concept can have in the classroom. This course serves as a precursor to our Level 1 Gamification Certification which will be introduced later this year.
Key concepts covered include:
- The definition of gamification
- Linking gamification to education
- Some key models and theories relating to gamification
- A closer look at three key game mechanics
- Explore the use of Avatars as a game mechanic and access to the Augmented Learning Avatar resource